Fileport is committed to maintaining robust privacy protections for its users. This document governs how we collect, use and safeguard the information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using your service.
This policy applies to the usage of the Fileport service, which can be accessed at https://fileport.io, owned and operated by Fileport Inc.
Information we collect
- We do not collect any personally identifiable information when you visit the website.
- In an effort to improve the quality of our service, we might sample and collect the IP address of website visitors when they perform a deliberate action such as an upload or download of a file or folder.
- We collect and store the name and email of registered accounts, as well as the random ID that might be returned by our SSO providers (Google, Apple, Microsoft).
- We store payment and billing information in order to facilitate payments. We do not store raw credit card information, as that is handled by our payment processor, Stripe.
- We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your information for marketing purposes with third parties.
How we protect information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe.
We futher protect your uploaded content from potential security breaches by implementing certain security measures such as at-rest encryption, SSL technology and firewalls.
However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of security. By using our service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We do not set cookies when you visit our website.
When you first upload a file or folder, we set a session ID so we can list your uploaded files when you revisit the website.
When you login to your account, we set a session ID for identification and security purposes.
Other external services listed below may set their own cookies.
Fileport does not display advertisements anywhere on its platform. We will never sell your data to advertising companies.
Fileport does not use any external analytics services. Fileport does not make any HTTP requests to external domains at all. There are 2 exceptions:
- The payment page, hosted by Stripe.
- Previewing a video in a Photobook, hosted by Cloudflare.
Fileport partners with Stripe for automated subscription billing and invoicing.
Fileport uses Cloudflare as a caching accelerator and security/anti-DDoS provider.
Our service is not directed to anyone under the age of 13. The service does not knowingly or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13, or allow anyone under the age of 13 to use the service.
You may contact us regarding our services or the policy listed above by using the Contact Form.
Fileport reserves the right to update the above policy at any time.
Last updated on January 16th 2024